Questions Answers People often ask my computer/internet related questions, which I try to answer or get the answers as best I can. So post your questions here, and remember, no question is silly if you really don't know. Use the Questions Answers category.
For example, I often sought free and simple website creation software, and previously used microsoft frontpage (which was bought by Adobe, renamed and recosted), until I recently stumbled upon the weebly site. I am extremely pleased with the simplicity and flexibility of website creation and would highly recommend it to all.
These 2 are most popular (u=ultra x=extreme). If you need info on other brands/systems please says so.
YOU TOO CAN UPDATE YOUR OWN SATELLITE SYSTEM!!!
I do not profess to be an expert on this subject. In fact, I am a newbie, only just getting a satellite system less than a year ago. When the satellite box went down the first time, I could not get the guy who installed it to come and update it. In my frustration, I decided to seek answers online. To my surprise, a whole host of information was available online for FREE!
So I updated my own satellite box and have been doing so ever since, and have not paid a dime!!!
If you have any questions, you can email me; I will try to help as best I can.
UPDATING VS ULTRA:
1. Save the new update to your USB flash drive/finger (simple way is to select the file, then RIGHT CLICK on your mouse, and use SEND TO, your usb flash drive or finger should be listed).
2. Put the usb drive finger in your box, (usb slot at front) then use your remote to select Menu - System Information - System Upgrade - USB - (destination - on your usb flash drive finger, if you placed the update in a folder, you must select that folder until you see the "whatever-date (08 02 26 ).pgm" file, then OK).
3. Your satellite box will update in a minute or less. DO NOT TURN THE BOX OFF.
4. If you do not see anything, turn switch off at back of box and restart.
UPDATING VS EXTREME:
1. You must use the LOADER programme and a R232 cable which connects the satellite box to your computer. Open the LOADER programme. Select OPEN FILES, then choose the update file, (remember it should be located in your special satellite folder in My Documents or Desktop).
2. TURN OFF YOUR SATELLITE BOX WITH SWITCH AT BACK.
3. Select PC>STB (Personal Computer to Satellite Box) in LOADER programme. You will see a progress bar giving you the percentage of the load on your computer and on your satellite box. The computer will say COMPLETE when it has reached 100%. Takes about 2-4 minutes.
4. Restart your satellite box with switch at back.